- 2 lbs. beef stew
- 3 potatoes, cut up
- 2 onions, cut up
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 10 oz. lima beans, thawed
- 1 can. diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2- 1c. beef broth (try to find a brand without MSG—see note at bottom***)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 T. paprika
- 1 c. sour cream or plain yogurt
- optional: buttered cooked egg noodles (not recommended if actively trying to lose weight or if you have any grain intolerances/allergies)
- optional: 1 t. arrowroot powder mixed with 2T. cold water added at end of cooking time to thicken sauce
Add all ingredients to crock pot except sour cream, noodles and arrowroot. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. To thicken sauce add arrowroot to pot near end of cooking time, mix well, cover and cook a few more minutes. Just before serving stir in sour cream. Serve over cooked buttered noodles if desired.
If you end up trying this recipe, please post about your experience or suggestions for variations or improvements in the comment section below. Post comment below.***To check labels for MSG look for: MSG, monosodium glutamate, magnesium glutamate, monoammonium glutamate, monopotassium glutamate, glutamate, glutamic acid, natrium glutamate, sodium glutamate, sodium caseinate, ajinomoto, any “hydrolized protein”, anything “hydrolized”, autolyzed yeast, calcium caseinate, calcium glutamate, gelatin, textured protein, vetsin, yeast extract, yeast food, yeast nutrient. This list is NOT complete. If you know you are sensitive to MSG I suggest you ask your natural health care provider for a more complete list.