It’s that time of year to break out the crockpots!
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 3-4 large potatoes (decrease or omit if actively trying to lose weight)
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 1 large onion, cut up
- 3-4 large celery stalks, cut up
- 1 c. beef bouillon (use brand with no MSG)
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1-2 t. garlic powder (to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional vegetables to use especially if omitting potatoes: 2 med. peeled and quartered turnips, 1 c. cooked okra
Put all ingredients in the crockpot and stir up. Cook on low for 8- 10 hours. Serves 6-8.