Chinese Beef Stew
Want the convenience of throwing stuff into the crockpot in the morning and not having to worry about dinner all day? Want variations from the “traditional” beef stew? Check this one out!! (Other recipes on this site can be found by clicking here.)A recipe is only as “healthy” as its ingredients!! The best ingredients are fresh, organically grown/raised, non-processed with as little preservatives/additives added as possible. Even better are items in season, locally grown—check your local farmer’s markets. Best of all—home grown where YOU are in control of the soil and plants!
- 2 lbs. stew beef
- 1/2 c. cut up carrots
- 2 c. cut up potatoes or turnips
- 1 cut up green pepper
- white part of 4 medium green onions
- 2 T. chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 c. water
- 3 T. Bragg’s liquid aminos (soy sauce substitute)
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- peel of 1 orange (remove with veg. peeler)
- optional: 1 t. arrowroot powder mixed with 2 T. cold water to thicken sauce at end of cooking time
Place all ingredients into crock pot (except arrowroot) and mix well. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Discard orange peel before serving. Add arrowroot if desired at end of cooking time; mix into stew, cover and cook a few more minutes until thickened.
If you end of trying this recipe, let me know how you liked it and any suggestions in the comment section below. Post comment below.