1. Take the top off of every sandwich and burger you eat.
2. Never go to the grocery store or parties hungry. Eat a light, healthy snack or full meal beforehand.
3. Keep a food diary. This one will surely be an eye-opener for you.
4. Weigh and measure all your food. Most people grossly underestimate how much food they are actually eating.
5. Read the labels and eat only one serving. This is especially helpful for desserts and candy.
6. Order water to drink at every restaurant (this will save money, too!). A lot of empty calories are consumed by drinking them down, especially in the form of sodas.
7. Eat at regular intervals. Don’t let yourself get so hungry that you overeat at your next meal.
8. Get some regular aerobic exercise— walking, running, biking, rowing, dancing.
9. Make exercising easier. Leave out your workout clothes so they are ready to wear in the morning. Leave out your exercise equipment so you have to pass it everyday. Leave reminders around the house and don’t leave any chances for excuses.
10. Keep healthy snacks in your car and your desk at work, such as cans of tuna or chicken, nuts, dried fruit.
11. Try to eat some fresh vegetables every day. This can be in a salad or crudites. Take it easy on the salad dressing!
12. Plan ahead on what and how much dessert you will eat over the holidays and then stick with your plans.
13. Get help. Enlist the help of your family. Join a fitness club. Join a weight loss group. Hire a weight loss coach.
14. Pray. Even though this is listed last, this is probably the most important. God is interested in what you eat and what you weigh and He can help you more than you can imagine.
What tips (listed here or not) have you found to help you lose weight? Post them in the comment section below.