Yam Fries Recipe & Variations
According to many nutrition experts yams are one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat. They contain beta-carotene, Vit. C, manganese and potassium. For a little more information specifically on yams check out:
Peel and slice uncooked yams into strips the size of traditional french fries.
Place on oiled baking sheet and sprinkle both sides with one of the following combinations:
- 1/4 t. cumin, 1/4 t. chili powder, pinch cayenne
- 1T. paprika, 1 t. cumin
- 1t. garlic powder , 1t. cinnamon
- 1T. chili powder, 1/2 T. garlic powder, 1/2 T. onion powder
- 1t. cumin, 1/2 t. chili powder, 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1/2 t. basil, 1/2 t. oregano, 1/2 t. onion powder
Bake at 425 degrees for 10- 15 minutes, flipping the fries over after 5-8 minutes.