Continuing my series of posts on hearty and healthy soup recipes—this week is tomato soup.
Ingredient notes: Contains dairy. Try to find the freshest and healthiest ingredients as possible. Look for organic butter, milk, cream cheese, canned goods. Especially look for tomato soup without MSG.
- 2 t. butter
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 t. paprika
- 1/2 t. basil
- 6 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 1/4 c.milk
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz. each) condensed tomato soup
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) whole tomatoes, undrained
Saute onion and garlic in butter for a few minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in paprika, basil and cream cheese. Gradually stir in milk and soup. Beat with hand beater until smooth. Stir in tomatoes. Heat over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until hot. 8 servings
What is your favorite food that you like to eat tomato soup with?