Here’s another soup recipe for those cold nights ahead.
- 6 c. finely chopped cabbage
- 1 c. finely chopped bacon
- 3/4 c. finely chopped onions
- 1/4 c. flour
- 4 c. chicken broth (without MSG)
- 1/2 c. finely diced carrots
- 1 1/2 c. finely diced potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 t. crushed caraway seeds
- 1 T. white-wine vinegar
Cook the bacon in a pan. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until the onions are transparent. Sprinkle in the flour and stir. Add the broth, stirring with a wire whisk. Bring to a simmer and add rest of vegetables and seasonings. Cook about 30 minutes and stir often. Optional variation: add in 1 1/2 c. cream at the end of the cooking time. Serve in hot soup bowls and sprinkle with fresh dill. Makes 8 servings.